Now that Spring is filling the air, the days are longer, the weather is warmer, and people are finally looking forward to local getaways. Outdoor activities are abundant in the Berkshires, allowing guests to still maintain social distancing while enjoying the wonders of nature. The dramatic natural scenery, the gorgeous wildlife, and the abundant parks and trails allow for endless exploration. Take a look at our latest list of the best hiking near our inn here in Lee, MA, and start dreaming of your getaway to the Berkshires!
- Basin Pond Trail—This out-and-back trail is only a few miles from the inn and boasts a spectacular view at the midpoint. Hike a little over a mile to a deck overlooking Basin Pond and its tributary. When you’re finished with this hike, there are lots of other activities you can pursue at the October Mountain State Forest.
- Race Brook Falls—At about 30 minutes from the inn, this trail is a bit farther away, but worth the time it takes. The trail is a moderate 4.3-mile out-and-back path with beautiful views of the waterfall mixed throughout. If you’re up for the 1700 ft elevation gain, we can’t recommend this hike enough!
- Appalachian Trail—This famous trail passes through our area and offers many great options for day hikers. Try out the Upper Goose Pond Trail, the Lee to Tyringham Trail, or the Finery Pond Trail for a taste of life on the Appalachian Trail.
- October Mountain Loop—Another beautiful hike found within the October Mountain State Forest, this trail is a 7-mile loop that will take you up October Mountain and will delight you with its babbling brook and views of Felton Lake.
- Beartown Mountain to Laura’s Tower—This nicely shaded hike offers a peaceful meander through the woods with a fun tower to climb at the end. Take in spectacular views of the Berkshires from above the tree line!
Before you head out, make sure to check that the trail is open and conditions are good for hiking (sometimes the winter snowmelt can make for muddy areas during the spring). Pack a bottle of water and reserve one of our delicious picnic baskets to enjoy on the trail. And when you’re all worn out from your adventures, come back to rest and rejuvenate in our comfortable beds and quiet rooms! Book your stay today!